This is the best breakfast muffin ever. It may look small, but one serving is already very filling. The best breakfast muffin ever combines everything you love about breakfast into one easy to transport breakfast. We have bacon, eggs, bread, tomato, mushrooms! Because this requires baking, the bacon is super crispy and the egg is always perfectly cooked. Just looking at it makes me drool. This delicious breakfast sure packs a punch!
This recipe makes 6 muffins. It is an easy recipe, but kind of time consuming. These kinds of breakfast are made for special occasions or when you wake up an hour ahead of your alarm clock. Enjoy this with a freshly brewed coffee or a glass of cold fresh milk. Finish off with fruits. Absolutely yummy.
What you need:
- 6 eggs
- 6 bacon strips
- 6 muffin liners
- 2 slices of bread
- dried basil
- salt and pepper
- muffin tin
- sliced button mushrooms
- Slice of lemon (Optional)
What to do:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Line the muffin tin with the cupcake liners.
- Cut the slices of bread into circles the size of the bottom of the muffin cups. Slice tomatoes into flat circles and set aside.
- Quickly fry the bacon until the side is brown, but the meat is still pink. Make sure that the bacon is still not crispy. Place in a plate with tissue to absorb the oil.
- Using the bacon grease, toast the mushrooms for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Put it all together. Place the bacon strips around the liners to make a fence around the middle. Add the cut slices of bread in the middle, top with tomato. This serves as your crust. Line the next level with mushrooms. Crack the egg on top of everything in the middle.
- Season with dried basil, salt, and pepper to taste. Sprinkle some lemon juice for an extra zing
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Remove from tin. Enjoy!
A suggestion for this gorgeous dish: since it is kind of difficult to remove from the muffin liner, next time, I recommend just omitting the liner and greasing the muffin tin as much as you can.